Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Unrecognized

I'm probably the most patient, tolerant person I know. With the exception of some distant family members, I, here, right now, am the only one that I know, who is like that. I don't know exactly why I have such a high tolerance over many things, but I guess it's just my character and nature. All my life I literally had to take care of my father's children. From when I was 6, I took care a 3 year old; during middle school, I again took care of one of his children. And now, in high school, I am currently taking care of his 2 new children. That was probably where my high lenience and patience came from. I'm definitely the caring, motherly type; even though I am a male high school junior. Just throughout my life, I've had to deal with these things and it maybe, somehow, turned me into this type of person. Maybe it just helped with the forming of my character today, because I definitely wouldn't have been some sort of ignorant, broody, irresponsible type of person. I was aware of how I turned out to be, but just having those kinds of transcripts just helped along the way. It helped soften the edges. I embrace it though. For it makes me recognize many different concepts and other forms of whatever. All I know is that, when situations become uncomfortable and unfamiliar, I usually am the only one, to approach and try to deal with. I am the only one capable of dealing with a situation where others usually run from. I'm not saying that I'm some sort of superhero, where I could go in a burning building and save many cats (although I probably would), but certain situations where a common person wouldn't have the slightest idea of how to handle it. But there are limitations, of course.

What I get out of all this, is probably nothing (In other people's eyes) But to me, I feel I am getting many things out of it. I am gaining many life points just for that!! Although I may not be recognized, through ways in which can satisfy my materialistic needs, it does definitely satisfy my moral and ethical needs and whatnot or whatever I'm talking about. Although I don't get praise for something I do everyday (something a high school teen would probably despise and probably rip themselves already for the many expectations and responsibilities), I feel that I am getting training. Training for the future. FOR THE FAR FUTURE. Just because I'm getting something good at what I do, like experience and gaining "grown-up people knowledge", I sure as hell will not continue this! Because it's tiring and I need my beauty rest. Plus I have myriads of crap to deal with, like school. I'm just glad that my life of babysitting, and responsibility, is at least letting me gain FORREAL experience in the real world (or rather in family situation related stuff). I am ready to start a family and stuff. But like many, MANY more years because I need time for myself. Maybe 40's, or earlier. But yeah, I'll definitely know what to do. AND the best compliment I ever got, was from this old guy at the park, who was with his wife (an old couple), he said "You will be a great father." I will never forget that old man. He said what I needed to keep pushing (and keep pushing the swings). For that was the first time somebody recognized me. The first time I realized that I was getting something out of all this craziness. Well, I sure am ready. But again, not now, I'm tired as hell. But I know, I'm good! Thanks Old Man. I wish I knew your name! You were seriously the first person to say that to me, and I know I will to.

2 comments:

  1. I KNOW :)

    I know how amazing, patient, lovable, humble, honest you are. I really admire you so much for that Roi. Although I am not in your situation I respect and am learning so much from you. I love you Roi! Keep strong, I KNOW you have soooo many amazing things in store for you in your future. One thing I have to say to you is to not let ANYONE hold you back from what you want okay?!!! Let your voice be heard Roi in this life, because the world waits for no one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THANKS SOOOOO MUCHO HANNAH!!!!!!!!!!! And I will certainly! Yeah!
    And you're learning from me? lol

    ReplyDelete